REPORTS TO: Manager of Sourcing & Supply – MSI
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE: Experience in lean and ISO environments is a plus
EDUCATION: Four year college degree in procurement, supply chain management, industrial management, business administration or equivalent. A. P. P., C.P.M., CPSM, CPIM, CPSC certification or active pursuit of certification is highly desirable. Bilingual skills a plus.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for all aspects of supplier management within a defined commodity scope. Under the framework of a lean/JIT enterprise, develop an in-depth understanding of the commodity and global marketplace. Defines key objectives and performance criteria of suppliers, in quality, delivery and total cost both domestically and in Best Cost Countries (BCC).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In conjunction with Manager of Sourcing and Supply – MSI, evaluate supplier performance and work towards continuous improvement. Define strategic direction for supplier improvement both at the macro and micro levels. Identify attributes required for suppliers to sustain a competitive advantage for Henderson. Utilize the Supplier Performance Metrics process to guide continuous improvement and strive to achieve Best of Best (BOB) status for key suppliers. Plan and schedule visits to suppliers to assure communication of Henderson expectations and identify supply deficiencies.
- Coordinate and assist in implementation of lean/JIT inventory management systems including kanbans, stocking plans and other pull systems and milk-run delivery methods. Utilize MRP and other tools to support established production schedules and expedite any exceptions as required. Assure Henderson ability to meet the required perfect ship objectives year round. Streamline the supply chain process from order to delivery of product. Collaborate with the Planners, local GSS representation and other Business Unit personnel to understand and fulfill operations needs.
- Collect and analyze data sets from multiple sources to facilitate decision making in support of strategies. Prepare RFP/RFQ documents and administer processes to achieve best total cost for Henderson. Drive continuous improvement of total cost and achievement of margin improvement for mutual benefit.
- Comply with Standards of Work (SOWs) for GSS to support organizational objectives and leverage best practice across the company. Participate as a SOW auditor and preparation of appropriate corrective actions that will assure compliance.
- Communicate results and status on a consistent basis to assure transparent progress between suppliers, GSS, Innovations, Sales, Marketing and the Business Units. Negotiate and administer major formal supply agreements and contracts focusing on mutual margin improvement and elimination of waste in the supply chain.
- Develop, implement and communicate detailed three year strategic plan for the hydraulic commodity, including, but not limited to: commodity drivers and influencers, Henderson competitive suppliers in the commodity, spend and cost trends, supplier performance, supply segmentation and optimal supply chain size. Secure external information through publications, meetings and seminars to serve as the Henderson subject matter expert in said commodity. Benchmark Henderson performance within defined commodity.
- Utilize problem solving skills to eliminate supplier deficiencies and implementation of corrective actions to eliminate root cause failures. Facilitate replacement product and return of defective materials and appropriate financial credits/inventory adjustments. Coordinate with appropriate resources and the ECN process to assure product specifications and BOMs are accurately maintained.
- Present appropriate training materials for continuous education of supplier organizations and their suppliers. Leverage supplier resources to educate the Henderson organization as well.
- Support new product development in conjunction with Engineering, Operations and other departments, including new materials and manufacturing technologies, to meet product launch mileposts. Research suppliers and evaluate products as required.
- Consistently conduct business in an ethical and professional manner when interacting with internal personnel, suppliers, distributors and customers. Conform to the Institute of Supply Management Code of Ethics and report any violations to the Vice President Global Supply in a timely manner.
- Keep work area (tools, material and equipment) clean and orderly.
- Participate when feasible with teams formed to create continuous improvement efforts in systems and procedures.
- Follow Company safety rules; maintain safe work area and equipment. Promptly report or resolve any unsafe condition.
- Follow Company policies and procedures regarding work and conduct.
- Manage projects and lead teams as assigned.
- Serve as GSS representative for New Product Development projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Competencies
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Education: Four year college degree in procurement, supply chain management, industrial management, business administration or equivalent. A. P. P., C.P.M., CPSM, CPIM, CPSC certification or active pursuit of certification is highly desirable. Experience in lean and ISO environments is a plus. Bilingual skills a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills required to build strong teams and operate cross functionally in a matrixed organization. Negotiation skills required to promote best total cost for Henderson. Facilitate integration of Henderson strategy into supplier organizations. Collaborate with local GSS team and Business Units regularly.
- Technical Skills: Five to ten years experience operating in a manufacturing environment. Drive continuous improvement for the GSS and supplier organizations. Solid understanding of commodity focus is key. Experience with fabricated metal and weldments from product specification, customer configuration and industry standardization is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Strong knowledge and skill in MS Office software, MRP/ERP Systems and presentation software.
Mathematical Skills: Accurate analysis of spend, quality and supplier performance data.
- Reasoning Ability: Requires strong abilities to analyze data and situations of moderate to complex scope to formulate strategic initiatives and accomplish objectives. Ability to analyze waste in the supply chain to extract margin improvement and continuous improvement. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to use the phone and computer for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 10-40 pounds with good body mechanics. Must be able to move around safely in a manufacturing environment. Ability to travel domestically 15-30% of the time; may require international travel on occasion.
- Work Environment: Completes most tasks in an office environment with frequent visits to plant floor and visiting supplier locations.
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Download an application here!
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
FAX: (563) 927-7041
The employment application form found above is a Microsoft Word document. If you choose to fill out the form electronically, you’ll need to save it to your computer once complete. From there you have three options for submitting the application:
- re-attach it to an email to: email@example.com
- print the form and fax it to: (563) 927-7041
- print the form and mail it to: Henderson Products,
HR Dept., P.O. Box 40, Manchester, IA 52057
For more information on Career Opportunities at Henderson Products, call Henderson Products at 800-359-4970.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org