Website Farm Tek
Contact: Jennifer Meneguin-Velte
Position Available: Cover Supervisor
Number of openings: 1 on 2nd shift
Summary: The person in this position reports to the Warehouse Manager, and is responsible for managing activities in the cover and curtain departments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work activities and evaluate the performance of employees assigned to cover and curtain fabrication.
- Interpret and carry out company policy relative to production and supervision goals.
- Assign work and allocate resources to accomplish company goals. Coordinate work with other company activities.
- Analyze production problems and recommend or implement solutions.
- Assess work order requirements to determine needs and priorities, and schedule production to meet sales commitments.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine production requirements. Establish work processes and methods needed to produce specified requirements.
- Set up equipment and processes as needed. Recommend changes in equipment and working conditions to increase production efficiency.
- Monitor quality of production output, and make adjustments as needed. Meet with vendors to discuss quality issues as needed.
- Monitor fabric inventory and levels of production supplies, and requisition material as required.
- Keep records of significant activities and events related to overall performance of personnel and equipment. Enforce safety regulations, and report safety problems.
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations. Train new employees in all phases of cover and curtain fabrication.
- Perform production work as needed, and any other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge’s, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of cover and curtain fabrication methods and fabric characteristics
Knowledge of corporate production and inventory control systems
Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to supervising employees
Ability to coordinate complex activities
Ability to operate production equipment used in cover fabrication
Ability to respond to complex demands
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Skill in interpersonal communication
Skill in planning and organizing activities
Skill in resolving problems
Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and engineering specifications
Persons performing this job must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, and frequently stand, walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, stoop, crawl, reach with hands and arms, push and pull heavy objects, and maintain awkward positions for short periods of time. In addition, this job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions.
Ability to read and follow complex instructions, ability to perform arithmetic calculations, ability to use complex computer systems, plus three years of experience in fabrication.
The person in this position needs continuous training in corporate policies and procedures related to production and inventory control, human resources management, and safety.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org