Website Henderson Products, Inc.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE: 2 – 5 Years
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
This is a full-time position responsible for the design and integration of company products onto customer supplied truck chassis. Decisions made in this capacity impact the financial health of the company in terms of overall design for manufacture, installation and use of products by end users. Accurate, comprehensive Engineering documentation positively impacts overall company performance as well as reducing exposure to warranty and product liability expense.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Process order requests into usable Bill of Materials with design documentation for truck builds.
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of detailed piece part and assembly drawings.
- Development and maintenance of ERP part data, bills of material, and product descriptions.
- Support sales on bid requests including cost estimates and liaison for design input to meet specifications.
- Selection of materials and vendor supplied items fall under leadership and responsibility of Design Engineer in cooperation with sales, marketing, and various operations groups.
- Collaboration with shop leads at remote locations to carry out design intent.
- Develop Installation and Operators Manuals for new designs.
Knowledge & Skills
- Some experience / proficiency with using solids based CAD design tools required.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis / resolution ability.
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency with company’s CAD design tools (Auto Desk Inventor).
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
- Organizational, detail, and follow-up skills.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Experience with or ability to learn hydraulic and electrical power and control systems.
- Will be responsible for constructing/modifying some 12V electrical schematics.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or Associates degree in Engineering with minimum two years experience in role similar to position.
- Some direct experience in truck equipment industry preferred.
- Normal office environment and will be exposed to noise when working in a production area.
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Download an application -go to the website.
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org