Website Farm Tek
Contact: Jennifer Meneguin-Velte
Position Available: Machine Operator 3
Number of openings: 1 on 2nd shift
Summary: The person in this position reports will directly report to an area Supervisor who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. This person will produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a Computer Numerical Code machine, maintaining quality and safety standards. Be willing to train others in a formal or informal capacity.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Meet all of the criteria as a Machine Operator 1 and 2.
- Produce machined and constructed items by programming, setting and operating a computer numerically controlled machine
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces and machining parameters. Must have an understanding of principles of tolerances.
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a CNC machine; maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Keep accurate records.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds and tool life.
- Set-up and programming prove-outs and optimizing programs for simple parts
- Program mills and plasma by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math.
- Values self-leadership by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root-cause of a quality related issue in a systematic fashion.
- Ability to program machines to produce simple parts meeting print specifications.
- Be willing to teach others whether formal or informal capacity.
- Make recommendations on fixtures that increase productivity, repeatability or quality of parts produced.
- Maintain specifications by observing machine operations, troubleshooting processes and adjusting and reprogramming controls.
- Adhere to safety and other OSHA regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of general N/C machine protocols and manufacturing methods
Knowledge of Vertical Mills, Danly Press, Press Brake and Plasma Table
Knowledge of safety requirements and regulations
Ability to read drawings and schematics and blueprints
Ability to program, set-up and operate CNC machines
Ability to produce parts and components from drawings and specifications
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
Skill in machine setup and operation
Adhere to safety and OSHA regulations
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics, at least 2-3 years of experience in machine operation or formal education in related area, communication skills appropriate for the job, and ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
Continuous training in machine operation and in company production and safety policies and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com