Website XL Specialized Trailers
XL Specialized Trailers
Plasma Operator 2nd Shift
Starting Salary Range: $13/hour + 10% shift differential for second shift
General Summary: Generally expected to work as a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team. Forms product by operation fabrication equipment.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
- Prepares machine for production by positioning and securing dies, stops, guides, and turntables.
- Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
- Produces parts by locating and marking reference points on workpiece with rule, compass, template, etc.; positioning or aligning workpiece against stops and guides or with die; operating equipment.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions; inspecting parts; adjusting controls; replacing dies.
- Resolves productions problems by altering process to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wears proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relating results as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of shop math
- Ability to read blueprints, specification and follow procedures
- Attention to quality and pride in workmanship.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at an organizational level.
- Commitment to company values.
- Extended periods of standing.
- Frequent crouching, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Occasional ascending/descending stairs or ladder.
- Occasional pushing or pulling.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100lbs.
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer