The Quality Intern is responsible for supporting quality management systems, quality improvement projects, key customer activities, supplier improvement, and continuous improvement projects. Works cross functionally to standardize the quality management system through day-to-day quality and continuous improvements activities for the facility.
- Provide support in the day to day quality activities for the manufacturing facility
- Work cross functionally to support the standardization of the quality management system
- Support changes and improvements to quality management system, including development of new procedures and work instructions
- Maintain quality auditing tools based on engineering specifications, engineering changes, or deviations
- Support the maintenance of SPC software for monitoring, controlling, and reducing product and process variation
- Coordinate internal audits for quality systems, products, and processes, follow up with findings and manage closure.
- Support and coordinate issuing corrective action requests, including follow-up and closure
- Work with manufacturing shop-floor and other departments on problem-solving initiatives and link actions and outcomes to QMS,
- Control Plans, PFMEAs, plant inspection points, and customer returns
- Data collection and reporting
- Monitor completion calibration schedules
- Data Entry
- Daily audits
- Other tasks as required
- Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies (root cause analysis, 5 why, etc.)
- Must be quality and customer oriented
- Must be able to work independently and drive issues to closure
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills for maintenance of documentation and data
- Skills in the usage of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Microsoft Access databases, Microsoft SharePoint, or Quality Database
- Management Systems
We are looking for rising Juniors or Seniors working towards a BA or BS degree and a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
The internship will begin in May of 2020 and end in August 2020 and will work 40 hours a week. This is a paid opportunity but housing is not provided so you must have both housing and transportation.
Our environment is casual but professional and our interns are exposed to many senior level leaders. If this sounds good to you then it’s your time to shine! We don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines – we want you to challenge us and provide creative ways to approach projects.