Website Kendrick Home/Shimlee
-a division of Kendrick, Inc.
Positions available: 7 openings
Our wooden sign manufacturing company is seeking dedicated individuals who always show up for work on time and who thrive in a team-oriented environment. We are a fast-paced and rapidly growing team and need to fill these jobs immediately, so it is important for new hires to hit the ground running. We offer both first-,second-, and third-shift schedules, though we appreciate workers with flexible calendars. This person is expected to work well and efficiently with others to produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results while maintaining minimum waste.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Attention to quality and pride in workmanship.
- Good use of judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience in or willingness to learn operation of hand and power tools and small equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to keep a fast pace while not sacrificing quality.
- Willingness to work in a total team environment, comfortable with repetition yet adaptable to change in position, process, product, procedure, etc., positive attitude, willingness to share and implement new ideas.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts.
- Must to be able to work on your feet and lift up to 50lbs.
In Person at:
Kendrick Forest Products
601 S Washington St.
Edgewood, IA 52042
To apply for this job please visit www.kfpiowa.com.