The individual in this position reports to the Weld Manager and is responsible for dispatching material from one location to another, maintaining an accurate inventory while locating all product in an efficient clean way. They will be responsible for rental building storage, dispatching and accountability both going into inventory, coming out of inventory, and coming back into inventory when coming off rent. Making the best use of space is critical. Loading and unloading the trucks and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move material from storage locations to production stations for setup for one or another production operation. Ensure that all production stations have sufficient material for continuous operation
- Move completed items from the production line to storage locations
- Manage the process including picking and pulling orders of quick ship order line and keep the process moving with materials from production line to storage locations
- May have to load and unload paint line and help load finished product on the trucks
- Must be forklift certified through the company training program
- Maintain an accurate inventory count
- Make the best use of space is critical while being responsible for rental building storage, dispatching and accountability
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must always be professional and cordial to all team members.
- Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, combi’s, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment.
- Displays a positive attitude and is a team player.
- Strong communication skills especially interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs in a safe manner
- Skilled in material handling techniques
- Computer experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2-4 years of material handling experience preferred. Forklift certification a plus.
Ability to read and write English.
Basic math skills such addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and any other calculations as it pertains to a certified weld inspector.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds safely. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will be exposed hot humid conditions or cold conditions. Could be required to work outside in a variety of weather conditions including hot or cold temperatures, rain, or snow. The employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.