Website Area Residental Care
Area Residential Care
Position: Community Living Instructor
At Area Residential Care, we believe that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community. To achieve our vision, we *work as a team to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.*
$2000 Full time/ $1000 Part time
Earn a bonus throughout your first year based on hours worked!
Second Shift hours range from 3pm-11pm, weekends required.
What You Do:
- Guide, train, and assist consumers in a supported community living setting with their daily program activities and life skills. Includes involvement in community outings.
- Assists individuals as necessary to complete food purchasing and preparation, do laundry, complete household duties, and complete hygiene activities including showering/bathing, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Advocates for and teach individuals served on how to exercise their rights and on how to be safe.
- Ensure data is recorded promptly and accurately in regards to contact notes, incidents, etc.
- Use a variety of techniques to modify behavior within the home, including physical restraint if necessary.
- Pass medications to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Assist individuals with making and/or being present at medical/dental appointments as necessary.
- Maintain positive, appropriate relationships and effective communication with individuals served, agency staff, members of the community, and service providers.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- No direct-care experience required- we will train!
- At least six months of consistent general work experience
- Ability to comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for most positions
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Successful clearance of criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
What We Offer:
- Full benefits package (Life, Health, Dental and Vision Insurances) for full time staff
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off after 90 days
- Accrued disability time
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Full-time and part-time employment with a variety of shift options
- An opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact every day in a fun and upbeat family work environment!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org