Delaware County Economic Development (DCED) is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and focused individual to join a team dedicated to creating a community that people enjoy and facilitating an environment where organizations thrive. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the DCED Marketing & Tourism Director leads the execution of innovative marketing ideas, activities and implementations within Delaware County.
- 15 hours per week.
- Flexible schedule and friendly work environment.
- Occasional weeknight and weekend availability.
- This role will enhance Delaware County’s 11 communities by facilitating a place for businesses to thrive and an engaging place for people to live and visit.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of marketing brochures, reports, office correspondence, memos, meeting agendas, and presentations.
- Uphold the credibility of the DCED and Tourism websites through regular updates and adding job postings as directed.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service through email, phone and face-to-face communication with investors, colleagues and the public.
- Orchestrate the development of the annual tourism activity guide and event calendar.
- Strategize and execute innovative marketing activities to promote resident and out-of-town tourism activity to Delaware County.
- Manage Delaware County Economic Development and Delaware County Tourism social media accounts to effectively recruit talent and market tourism events and destinations.
- Handle various administrative and marketing duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Experience
Three years related experience or a combination of experience or training that would provide the following abilities/skills:
- Degree in one of the following (or related) program areas is preferred: Marketing, Event Management, Management, Public Relations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/365 and other computer software
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service skills.
- Prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to create marketing materials and written documents (ads, fliers, press releases, reports, brochures, etc.)
- Experience effectively using social media and managing a website and other online directories.
- Ability to work well under pressure and impending deadlines.
- Ability to establish and cultivate effective relationships with co-workers, the public, developers and investors.
- Ability to implement innovative and impactful marketing tactics.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all contacts (Failure to do so will result in termination)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the attention: Delaware County Economic Development (DCED) Executive Director at 200 East Main, Manchester Iowa 52057.