Delaware County Economic Development (DCED) is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and focused individual to join a team dedicated to creating a community that people enjoy and facilitating an environment where organizations thrive. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the DCED Executive Assistant assists in the recruitment, retention and expansion of businesses and organizations within Delaware County through administrative tasks.
- Assists in the County-wide business retention and education programs
- Up to 20 hours per week
- Flexible schedule and friendly work environment
- Occasional weeknight and weekend availability
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of marketing brochures, reports, office correspondence, memos, meeting agendas, and presentations.
- Maintain QuickBooks accounting system to manage all bookkeeping, billings, taxes, databases, investor records, monthly accounting reconciling and collections, tax forms, and payroll.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly and yearly tax information.
- Serve as Executive Secretary for the Foundation for the Future of Delaware County and assist the board as needed.
- Regularly collect and update economic and demographic profiles of Delaware County.
- Schedule, attend, take minutes, and distribute minutes for DCED Board, committee, and various meetings as directed.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service through email, phone and face-to-face communication with investors, colleagues and the public.
- Handle various administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Experience
Three years related experience or a combination of experience or training that would provide the following abilities/skills:
- Degree in one of the following (or related) program areas is preferred: Accounting, Management, or Public Relations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/365 and other computer software
- Proficient in QuickBooks for accounting and bookkeeping
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Experience effectively using social media and managing a website and other online directories.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service skills
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and impending deadlines
- Ability to establish and cultivate effective relationships with co-workers, the public, developers and investors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all contacts (Failure to do so will result in termination)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the attention: Delaware County Economic Development (DCED) Executive Director at 200 East Main, Manchester Iowa 52057.