TITLE: Location Manager INCUMBENT:
SUPERVISOR: Executive Vice President STATUS: Full-time; exempt
GRADE: 7 DATE: June 2019
Supervises daily activities and has responsibility for efficient operation of assigned systems and functions which include teller operations and deposit account servicing for the location. Ensure that customers are provided the best possible service.
Supervisory Authority: Direct supervision of deposit staff of the location. Make recommendations for hiring, discipline, promotion and transfer of the personnel.
Working Relationships – Internal: Works directly with all location staff.
Working Relationships – External: Has extensive customer contact and expected to be active in business and community affairs.
Education/Experience: College Degree with basic knowledge or training in business or finance.
Customer service experience required, 3-5 years’ experience in banking and/or leadership experience preferred.
1. Manages and oversees daily activities of the location.
a. Develops and recommends procedures ensuring prescribed schedules and operating policies and procedures are followed.
b. Helps subordinates with solving problems, complex transactions, and sensitive customer relations issues.
c. Coordinates and/or conducts training for subordinates to ensure that employees maintain an acceptable level of job knowledge and skill.
d. Ensures compliance with banking regulations, federal and state statutes and bank policies and procedures.
e. Ensures that employees are given tools and training to develop skills to meet the sales and customer service expectations desired by the bank.
f. Performs personnel management for assigned work units. Determines performance goals and objectives for personnel. Provides ongoing coaching and conducts performance evaluations. Makes decisions for hiring, disciplinary action, termination, and compensation
review as provided by the policies and procedures of the bank.
2. Ensures control and protection of bank assets in the following areas:
a. Ensures that a proper supply of vault cash is maintained and secured in accordance with established security procedures.
b. Controls an inventory of official checks, money orders, and other negotiable items.
c. Oversees location balancing and operation of ATM. May assist subordinates in resolving errors and suspected problems.
e. Ensures that files are maintained accurately and policies are followed for maintaining logs and updating records.
3. Oversees deposit account opening and servicing.
a. Ensures that all accounts are opened or changed in accordance with established policies and procedures and reliable records are maintained.
b. Maintains a clear understanding of account disclosures, regulatory requirements, service charge routines and procedures.
4. Responsible for developing, monitoring and reporting location budgets and financial reporting.
5. Responsible for leading the location team in the development and implementation of annual strategic plans.
6. Develops and implements marketing goals and strategies for the location, in conjunction with Marketing, which are consistent with the overall bank’s goals and objectives.
7. Develops strategies and oversees bank participation in community and public relation events. Promotes a favorable image of the bank in all business activities within the community and targeted
expansion markets of the holding company banks.
8. Calls on customers and prospective customers to promote new and additional business for the entire organization.
9. Undertakes special projects relating to departmental services as assigned.
10. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
COMPETENCIES – MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Leadership and Management: Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills with the ability to generate respect and trust from employees and external constituencies, including customers and vendors. Requires excellent organizational and project management skills with the
ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively. Requires exceptional problem-solving skills when facing operational and management challenges.
2. Teamwork: Must have the ability to demonstrate interest, skill and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Promote cooperation with other departments and ensure that all team members are treated fairly. Recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
3. Integrity and Confidentiality: Demonstrate the ability to hold confidential information and display honesty and high ethical standards. All customer and company information must be handled in a confidential manner.
4. Communication: Possess the ability (both written and oral) to express thoughts and ideas effectively; actively listen to others. Must be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
5. Adaptability: Must thrive in working in a positive, team-oriented environment, contributing to the ongoing success of the company. Able to adjust quickly to different work situations; remain composed under pressure and in stressful situations. Must exercise sound independent judgment
under limited supervision.
6. Interpersonal Awareness: Must have the ability to notice, interpret and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and communicate this awareness empathetically to others. Make others feel comfortable by responding in ways that convey interest in what they have to say, anticipate how
others will react to a situation, and find non-threatening ways to approach others about sensitive issues.
7. Collaborative Relationships: Have the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization. Show an interest in what others have to say; acknowledge their perspective and ideas. Take time to get to know coworkers, build rapport and establish a common bond.
8. Customer Service: Must understand the role of sales and customer service in a banking environment. Respond sensitively to the needs and priorities of the customer (both internal and external); recognize and take the appropriate action to meet their needs; establish an effective working relationship with customers to gain their respect and loyalty.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Hearing/Visual/Physical Requirements: Must be able to receive customer and staff requests and assignments through verbal and written communication. Working with a computer is important so clear vision of screen is imperative.
Skills: A high level of interpersonal and organizational skills to coordinate activities and to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and employees in a professional manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required for training and preparing reports.
Confidentiality: Handles confidential and sensitive customer and employee salary information for direct reports.
Sociological: Must work well under stress and adapt to change. Proactive behavior and initiative will be required in the sales culture and implementation of goals and objectives. Leadership aptitude is
needed in representing the bank to both internal and external publics.