Website Paladin Attachments
Group Leader – 2nd Shift
The purpose of the Group Leader (Supervisor) is to optimize the operation of the Value Stream and the engagement of its personnel, drive operational excellence and achieve the established goals for safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory. Develop direct reports to ensure that their full potential is met through opportunity, education, training, etc. The Group Leader takes full responsibility for the success of the assigned value stream and is a member of the Operations Leadership Team.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (See Human Resources for the full job description)
- Develop a high performance, self-directed VS team with high levels of morale, job satisfaction, and performance.
- Understand the Value Stream (VS) products, customers (internal and external), and all manufacturing processes/procedures for the assigned VS.
- Ensure and promote safety as a job priority in assigned area. Responsible for ensuring all departmental safety training is completed by any employee new to their area.
- Drive the continuous improvement process by educating and training associates in lean tools and philosophies, techniques and systems. Ensure that all associates know and understand VS metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost (SQDC), use of day-by-hour charts, Heijunka boards, etc.
- Develops and executes plans for SPQRC and operator skill level requirements. Translates and tracks these plans visually using team-improvement-boards. Reports daily outputs at the Run-the-Business meeting.
- Responsible for daily/weekly audits including 5(6)S, product quality, system quality, process, ISO 9001, 2nd level work cell, DuPont STOP, Kanban, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring standard work/work instructions are available, accurate, and followed.
- Identify issues/problems (systemic, product, process, quality, etc.), develop plan to eliminate, and lead execution plan using A3 and other countermeasure tools.
- Working with the Human Resource Department, select employees through the normal interview process. Follow guidelines for new employee orientation procedures. Complete on time, all necessary personnel paperwork. Monitor employee performance/attendance, coach and counsel for improvement and apply discipline where necessary, up to and including termination of employment.
- Ensure daily team meetings are in place and productive and team improvement boards are updated per standard work.
- Provide cross VS/departmental focus for overall facility improvement.
- Responsible for Future State VS implementation and driving implementation within assigned area (leading VS meetings, leading continuous improvement meetings, VS mapping, setting up Supermarkets, implementing pull systems, etc).
- Perform all other duties as required, to meet customer and company quality and productivity needs. Includes continuous monitoring and control of special processes where necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering, technical, or supervisory position required.
• Proven problem solving skills and demonstrated decision making skills are required.
• Effective interpersonal skills are necessary.
• Essential traits for this position are experienced leadership and an innovative approach; a self-starter who enjoys the challenge of implementing continuous improvement activities.
• Lean/Six Sigma experience.
• Proficient computer skills including: MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office Suite.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
• Long periods of sitting and walking may also be expected in this position.
• This position may require long periods of sitting, typing, computer entry or looking at a computer.
• The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a manufacturing office environment.
• Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
• Team member must be mobile enough to navigate the manufacturing shop floor safely including walking and standing for up to four hours at a time.
• Office lighting will be provided.
• The work environment will include their own workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Note: this is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties and responsibilities may be requested or required.
Travel Requirements: Up to 30%
To apply for this job please visit www.iesholdings,com.