Please apply at: https://external-exide.icims.com/jobs/2604/health-and-safety-manager/job?mode=view
Partner with corporate subject matter experts to implement site specific Health and Safety Compliance Programs. This includes but is not limited to overseeing and managing:
- Lead compliance program
- Machine guarding program
- Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO)
- Contractor safety
- Working at heights
Continuously focus on improving the plant’s safety performance measured by:
- Medical and biological monitoring
- Injury rates
- Exposure-level monitoring
About the Manchester, Iowa location:
- Produces transportation batteries
- Approximately 300 employees
- Member of plant leadership team reporting to Plant Manager
Manchester is a city in Delaware County, Iowa, United States, located along the Highway 20 corridor between Dyersville and Independence. Delaware County is centrally located just 45 minutes from some of Iowa’s biggest hubs (Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and Dubuque) – but you don’t need to go far to find excitement. Delaware County is home to several golf courses, parks, museums, retail shops, a movie theatre, festivals and fairs, water sport recreational areas, and evening entertainment. Delaware County offers successful academics programs in three community school districts and a critical access hospital to provide healthcare close to home.
- Re-implement Employee Safety Committees
- Lead development of Health & Safety department including direct reports
- Annual safety training for all employees
- Continue to encourage and track HS metrics, KPI’s, GEMBA walks
- Overall supervision of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Oversight for the facility-wide Housekeeping Program
- Medical monitoring program as it applies to OSHA’s Lead Standard.
- Auditing of facility programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
- Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
- Coordination with Corporate Environmental Resources Department on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
- Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental, health and safety duties.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log.
- Drive safety improvement projects.
- Follow Excell Lean Manufacturing procedures.
- Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in safety related fields doing similar work – developing a safety culture by leaning on past experiences similar to what has been described.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred degree in Safety, or related field.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) nice to have but not required
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures
- Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development of safety programs
- Leadership ability
- Able to perform continuous walking, standing, and lifting
- PC with various software, office equipment, PPE equipment as required