Janitor Needed In Manchester, Iowa at Styrten Manufacturing
Must perform all cleaning functions of building and janitorial services to ensure hygienic and presentable locker rooms, restrooms, break room, offices, and smoke shack. Such coverage includes all plant and office janitorial needs, cleaning respirators, cleaning floors, window washing, stripping and waxing floors, trash disposal, cardboard disposal, becoming licensed to operate the floor scrubber, laundering employee issued apparel for which cleaning services are not utilized. Specific work areas and specific duties will be assigned but these may be modified as needed to ensure coverage needs are met.
- Starting pay $15.85
- 2nd shift ( 1 – 9p.m.)
- flexible to work weekends if scheduled
Stryten Manufacturing offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
- Requires frequent standing with repetitious lifting of up to 50 lbs. with frequent bending and turning required. Must be able to sit for up to 4 hours, while operating scrubber.
- May be required to manage inventory levels for some employee or janitorial supplies such as soap, paper towels, employee shower towels, etc. to ensure these products are always on hand.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform team responsibilities.
- Must be able to perform job duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must follow safety and health procedures for the protection of self and fellow workers.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals including lead, sulfuric acid, solvents and other cleaning agents.
- Should have excellent attendance and must comply with the company attendance policy and reporting procedures.
- Must adhere to plant policies and procedures depicted in the employee handbook as well as conform to accepted general practices and conduct
- Pick up and bale cardboard and plastic as required.
- May perform painting, trash pick up outside, ladder/step stool climbing, cleaning trenches and other duties as required.
- Operates sit down forklift as required to move material.
- Must maintain clean work area. Will perform daily house cleaning task such as sweeping, mopping, washing, painting, empty waste containers, etc.
- Will be required to cover shifts due to vacation or employee absence. Must be able to work weekends as needed.
Normal Operating Procedures Include the Following:
- Operate power wet scrubber on all main aisles and all areas accessible to scrubber. Using sweeping compound, hand sweep or vacuum all areas which are not accessible to wet scrubber.
- Dispose of sweepings in proper disposal vessels. Pick up and bale all used cardboard. Empty all trash bins and place trash into compactor. Recycle office paper.
- Clean all water fountains. Clean locker rooms, restrooms, showers, toilets, break room, smoke shack, offices, and kitchenette areas.
- Collects and disposes of hazardous waste in proper containers. Perform job duties listed on daily check list.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, perform simple math
- Exide Training Requirements: forklift and floor scrubber license, RCRA Training, Annual training.
- Equipment: Small hand tools, washer, dryer, power scrubber, buffer, mop, broom and other cleaning equipment as needed.
- Protective Equipment: Safety glasses with side shields or goggles; hearing protection required in production areas; respirator required while in certain areas or performing certain tasks in production area and otherwise as needed; steel-toed shoes; blue leather, blue hynit or white cotton gloves.
- Facilities/Working Environment: Will be exposed to extreme hot, humid, and cold working conditions. Will be exposed to lead in the form of dust, fumes, molten lead, flames, hot equipment, moving equipment, and other hazards.