Farm Tek-Dyersville, Iowa
A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing
ClearSpan Manager or Weld Manager. A Machine Operator 4 is responsible for programming
the Sheet Laser, Tube Laser, Plasma, Robots, CNC and other machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet all of the criteria as a Machine Operator 1, 2 and 3.
• Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications,
locations of surfaces and machining parameters. Must have an understanding of principals of
• Produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating at least one of the machines of
the following group: CNC, sheet laser, tube laser, robots, plasma, sheer, brake press or other
machinery my maintaining quality and safety standards.
• Keep accurate records in E10 and other areas.
• Maintain equipment and supplies.
• Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds and tool life.
• Set-up and program prove-outs and optimizing programs for simple parts.
• Program mills, plasma, sheet and tube lasers, CNC, plasma, robots and enter instructions, including
zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches;
calculating requirements, including basic math.
• Value self-leadership by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root-cause of a quality related issue in a systematic fashion.
• Ability to program machines to produce simple parts meeting print specifications.
• Be willing to teach co-workers whether formal and informal training.
• Make recommendations on fixtures that increase productivity, repeatability or quality of parts
• Maintain specifications by observing machine operations, troubleshooting processes and adjusting
and reprogramming controls.
• Change fixtures out as necessary on the machines.
• Read and understand blueprints and other shop specifications/drawings.Load and unload material and set up machines for standard and for special production runs.
• Accurately use micrometers, calipers, gauges and other measuring devices.
• Promote ESAPCO and build a positive team environment with co-workers.
• Clean and maintain area and floor space containing the machines.
• Adhere to all safety and OSHA regulations.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• One year of machine operation preferred
• Must be able to program all of the machines listed above.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Knowledge of general N/C and other machine protocol and manufacturing methods
• Knowledge of safety requirements and OSHA regulations
• Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
• Ability to read blueprints, work instructions, schematics and read a tape measure
• Ability to program and select programs on N/C machines, tube and sheet laser, tube
benders, robots, plasma and other machinery.
• Ability to produce parts and components from drawing and other specifications
• Ability to use tools safely and effectively
• Ability to handle production raw materials
• Skilled in using tools and equipment
• Skilled in following directions
• Skilled in problem solving
• Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
• Ability to read, following written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience:
• HighSchool Diploma or equivalent preferred
• One year of machine operation experience required
• Forklift Certification a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Must be able to read and follow blueprints, interpret drawings and read a tape
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk,
talk, hear, use hand and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee is occasionally required sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fluctuating temperatures indoors from
cooler to warmer temps. The environment can be dry, dusty, humid, cold or hot indoors and outdoors.
By my signature, I hereby certify that I have reviewed the attached description of my position and agree to
perform the duties described therein. I understand that Engineering Services & Products Company may
make modifications, additions, or deletions to this job description at any time, and will notify me of any
changes by sending me a revised copy for my review and signature.
Employee Printed Name: __________________________________ Date: ______________________
Employee Signature: __________________________________