Website Exide Technologies
Materials Manager in Manchester, Iowa
The Materials and Logistics Manager coordinates Scheduling, Purchasing, Receiving, and material handling for shipping to ensure proper inventory levels to meet production schedules and shipping requirements. The incumbent works within general guidelines, and has the authority to modify existing guidelines or establish new guidelines. Position is responsible for ensuring material delivery schedule meets in house build schedule corresponding to customer demand while maintaining minimum inventory levels. Position is responsible for analyzing data to recommend capital, equipment and labor needs within the facility.
- Develop and implement ideas, programs and procedures to ensure facility continuous improvement. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure planning procedures effectively maintain adequate material levels for production requirements and maintain constant levels of inventory benchmarks.
- Develop and implement cost reduction ideas and opportunities.
- Review tooling and production schedules with Production Scheduler to ensure production requirements and preferred inventory levels are maintained.
- Develop and maintain programs to ensure proper product identification and traceability.
- Develop and maintain programs that promote continuous improvement.
- Provide storage facilities for all inventories and maintain inventory accuracy.
- Develop, document and implement production, scrap and variance reporting for manufacturing and distribution center activities.
- Maximize inventory techniques and production reports, procedures for efficient operation with minimum investment
- Appraises vendors for better prices and delivery.
- Develop and document procedures within TS16949 guidelines.
- Controls release of lead, oxide, and all other raw and work in process (WIP) materials.
- Directs release of other items such as resin, flux, etc. to avoid supply shortages.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Supervise all purchasing, planning, cycle counting, and scheduling areas for maximum department efficiency.
- Ensure traffic procedures comply with company policy.
- Ensure satisfactory carrier service is furnished and resolve problems with such services.
- Ensure proper communication with vendors and customers is maintained.
- Coordinate inventories with the Plant Controller to resolve inventory discrepancies that do not reconcile.
- Review annual and periodical manufacturing and shipping plans and advise when facility manning needs to be advised accordingly.
- Develop battery build schedule to insure 100% on time customer delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum job requirements include a BA degree in a job-related curriculum such as traffic, accounting, or management. Prefer four years of accounting, customer service, and purchasing, planning, and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PC SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE:
Able to use word processing and spreadsheet software for multiple planning and accounting applications. Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel are preferred.
Physical demands include hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting of 50#, simple grasping, pulling, pushing, twisting, and repetitive use of hands.
Normal office environment and less frequent exposure to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, chemicals, extreme heat, extreme cold.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward – history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2019-2337
Category Supply Chain/Logistics
Position Type Regular Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit see job description.