Coordinate activities of the production department with support departments and ensure that all plant operational goals are met in a timely and cost effective manner, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of manufacturing machines and equipment.
• Responsible for all aspects of shop floor management in assigned areas.
• Provide guidance and direction to Area Managers
• Assure production levels are attained by anticipating needs, establishing goals, and determining priorities.
• Determine direct and indirect manning requirements to maximize throughput.
• Serves as point-of-contact for all internal plant operational issues and concerns for all internal and external customers.
• Provide leadership and direction in the continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations through employee involvement in the implementation of Lean manufacturing techniques, Six Sigma techniques (DMAIC) and kaizen events aligned with the overall strategy of the company.
• Analyzes operational performance and develops priorities for improvements across multiple product platforms.
• Responsible for driving safety performance within the plant operations team
• Demonstrates safe work practices in accordance with the OSHA, and the EPA. Provide leadership and direction in instilling a safety and environmental compliance culture validated through Company policies, local audits and continued improvements in safety & environmental metrics.
• Recognize potential in the operations team to develop and promote employees, while establishing inclusion and accountability.
• Promote cooperation between shifts, assure excellent communication avenues, and provide recognition.
• Promptly review disciplinary problems and recommend action.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong written, oral communication, and conflict resolution skills.
• Good detail orientation along with solid root cause analysis, problem identification, and resolution skills.
• Good organization and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to inspire and motivate associates along with ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization
• Bachelor of Science in Business, Management, or Engineering
5+ years of Management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
Computer knowledge and skills; MS Office, intermediate to advance in excel
• Must have strong project management skills with leadership experience in a supervisory capacity. Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 5s, and Six Sigma techniques, Continuous Improvement, single piece flow systems, TQM, Kanban material flow, etc.
• Experience in developing plans that meet a variety of goals simultaneously and the ability to change these plans as business conditions change.
• Experience utilizing analysis tools to determine opportunities for improvement.
• Must be willing to work additional hours and varied working hours to effectively manage people across all shifts.
• Experience in leading to lean, JD Edwards, Minitab, Ignition, MP2
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing as well as other training in formal problem solving and operational analysis.
• Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and machining methods