The individual in this position reports to the Procurement Manager and is responsible for executing all
aspects of purchasing functions for the company with a strong emphasis on cost savings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to
purchase through delivery.
• Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred
supplier and date commodity is needed.
• Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
• Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified
• Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
• Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and
• Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the
quality standards of the company.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents to assure
accurate retention of records.
• Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
• Manages excess inventory as well as discontinued and nonstock inventory.
• Perform returns.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Experience in supply chain management preferred
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Knowledge of Excel
• Logistics and traffic background a plus
Education and/or Experience
• Associate degree in related field
• Or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
• Ability to follow instructions
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and be
proficient in the ERP software.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is
frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is typically quiet as most of the time will be spent in the office environment. But, may
need to perform job responsibilities in the warehouse or production areas as needed.