Website Henderson Products, Inc.
Systems Developer II
Henderson Products Inc.
FACILITY: 1085 South Third Street, Manchester, IA
REPORTS TO: Systems Development Team Lead
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE: 3 Years Related Work
EDUCATION: 2-Year Associates Degree
The Systems Developer II will work under the guidance of senior level developers with project tasks and daily support. The developer will learn the current systems to assist in troubleshooting support issues. The developer will work with senior staff to assist in the planning and designing of computer based solutions. The developer will be expected to proactively seek out areas of opportunity for improvement in the business environment, participate in Douglas Dynamics Management System events and recommend improvements to the Development Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems support.
- Under the direction of IT Management and/or senior development staff, provide support for the business systems used within the organization.
- Partake in training programs to become proficient in the various modules of the ERP system.
- Internally Developed Applications
- Under the direction of IT Management and/or senior development staff, provide computer based solutions that integrate with other solutions using Microsoft Access, C#, SQL, .NET Web, SSRS and Visual BASIC in a Microsoft Windows client and server environment.
- Assist IT customers in testing and analyzing problems with off-the-shelf software packages and software developed in house.
- Assist IT Infrastructure personnel in analyzing and solving technical problems with software solutions.
- Perform routine data maintenance and reorganization to ensure optimal performance of software solutions.
- Perform other application/computer solution related activities as required.
- Application/Data Administration
- Administer and support Microsoft Access and SQL databases.
- Administer SQL data structures.
- Administer logical data and program storage structures.
- Administer user access to computer solutions.
- Proactive monitoring of systems to maximize uptime.
- Participate when feasible with Douglas Dynamics Management System events
- Support Regulatory Requirements
- Sarbanes Oxley – Follow department procedures related to Sarbanes Oxley standards. Assist in audits as needed. Conduct monthly internal audits when scheduled.
- Keep work area (tools, material and equipment) clean and orderly.
- Follow Company safety rules; maintain safe work area and equipment. Promptly report or resolve any unsafe condition.
- Follow Company policies and procedures regarding work and conduct.
Required Skills & Competencies
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: Three years’ experience in the Information Technology field with an Associates Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred. Must be willing to partake in external training programs related to function as required by management.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc. Able to speak effectively in groups and teams.
Technical Skills: Must have a working knowledge of current and legacy Windows operating systems. Must understand the concept of a client/server environment. Must understand the role of computing in a manufacturing setting.
Computer Skills: Must have exposure to the following concepts: database design principles, web development, structured programming languages, data structures, .NET, and object oriented programming languages.
Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to resolve multiple complex technical issues simultaneously using multiple sources of information. Able to absorb new information as presented from time-to-time to enhance knowledge and support skills.
Physical Demands: Stress when deadlines are near and when users are struggling with application. Stress when call volume is high or critical problems occur.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in factory and office environment conditions.
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Apply online here!
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
FAX: (563) 927-7041
The employment application form found above is a Microsoft Word document. If you choose to fill out the form
electronically, you’ll need to save it to your computer once complete. From there you have three options for submitting
- re-attach in an email to: [email protected]
- print the form and fax it to: (563) 927-7041
- print the form and mail it to: Henderson Products,
HR Dept., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org