Website XL Specialized Trailers
Job Location: Manchester, Iowa
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Starting Salary Range:
- $18.00/hour starting, merit increases after 90 days and 6 months.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience: One year welding experience
Required Travel: None
As a valued member of the XL Specialized Trailers team, this job is responsible for assembling products using hand-held welding and flame-cutting equipment to join metal components following assembly instructions and procedures.
Responsibilities, Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprints, specifications and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies with hand-held welding equipment.
- Corrects welds by chipping or grinding off excess weld, slag or splatter using hand scrapers, portable grinders or arc-cutting equipment.
- Move components by operating an overhead crane, using safe work habits.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components; conducting a self inspection.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following operating procedures.
- Document actions by completing production, quality and time forms.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year welding experience
- Proven ability to weld using MIG hand-held welder
- Basic understand of Shop Math
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications
Post Offer/Pre-employment Physical and Drug Screen Required.
XL Specialized Trailers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications also available at XL: 1086 South 3rd Street Manchester, IA 5205
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org