Stryten Manufacturing is currently looking to fill a maintenance technican position at our manufacturing facility in Manchester, Iowa. Successful candidates must have mechanical and or electrical skills. Be able to build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment to meet or exceed production goals set forth each day. Will work with other maintenance technicians and operators in a team based manufacturing environment.
Applicants MUST be available to work third shift. 6p.m. – 6a.m.
Stryten Manufacturing offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
- Short-term, long term disability and employee life
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Stryten pays the majority of your benefit contribution costs
- Most benefits are effective on your date of hire
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, including but not limited to Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) procedures
- Hold blood lead levels low by adhering to good safety practices.
- Provide ideas/solutions to equipment improvement and participate on miscellaneous improvement teams.
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Continuous standing, lifting, bending, and twisting
- Occasionally required to work in extreme environmental conditions (hot, cold, humid)
- Must wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, respirator, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes, hearing protection, etc., as outlined in established department PPE policy.
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting.
- Small hand tools, control panels, data collection equipment.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Must achieve passing score on pre-employment assessment
- Previous manufacturing, industrial or military experience.
- Computer literate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical operations.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills and be familiar with:
- soft start equipment
- motor starters
- motors up to 450 HP
- lighting controls
- 480 volt 3 phase expertise.
- General machine and equipment repair experience