Hiram Cole and his brother in law, Lawrence McNamee founded the town of Colesburg, Iowa in Section 4 of Colony Township on August 10, 1848. The current population is 386.
Colesburg is located along Highway 3 on the northeast corner of Delaware County, approximately 25 miles northeast of Manchester. We are approximately 4 miles east of Fountain Springs Park and Twin Bridges.
Local points of interest include: Edgewood Colesburg Schools-Elementary JK-6th grades, Hill Country Convenience Store, Farmers Savings Bank, the Veteran’s Memorial and Pride Park complete with gazebo and beautiful flower garden located on Main Street. City Park sits just off Main Street to the west. This beautiful complex contains two shelters, and also softball, tennis, and sand volleyball courts. The park shelters and parking lots provide easy access to the playground and permanent restrooms. A nine hole public golf course (Lone Pine Golf Course) and municipal swimming pool sit in the southeast portion of town and provide fun for the whole family.