STATUS: Full-time; non-exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: Serve as a primary contact with the public. Processes transactions submitted to a teller window and manages a cash drawer.
MAJOR DUTIES – ESSENTIAL
1. Performs all basic teller functions:
a. Represents the bank to the customer in a courteous and professional manner, providing prompt and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
b. Receives and processes commercial and individual checking and savings deposits and withdrawals. Receive loan payments and credit card payments.
c. Accepts checks for paying or cashing within predetermined limits.
d. Sells money orders and official checks.
e. Balances ATM’s, both on-site and off-site.
f. Balances coin machine; wraps loose coins; counts and packages currency.
g. Assists with the preparation of customer statements and other bank mailings.
h. Cross-sells bank services, explaining various accounts and makes referrals to other areas.
2. Serves as a back-up Personal Banker:
a. Opens and closes various checking and savings accounts including Certificates of Deposit according to established procedures. Prepares paperwork and assists the customer in the signing of documents necessary to process new accounts.
b. Prepares and maintains miscellaneous documents and reports for online banking, automatic transfers, debit/credit cards, and travel and gift cards.
c. Inputs information to open new accounts and to change existing deposit accounts.
d. Opens Individual Retirement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts acquainting customer with various legal requirements. Gathers necessary information and prepares documents.
e. Receives IRA/Qualified Plan deposits. Complete transfer, rollover and distribution requests. Maintain accountholder files. Input and file accountholder information, including RMD records.
f. Rents safe deposit boxes. Provide customer access to individual boxes. Prepares documents and processes rental agreement.
g. Enters new checks orders into the Premier Check Printing system.
h. Establishes online banking, mobile banking and bill pay for customers and services existing users.
i. Assists customers with all aspects of debit cards including new enrollments, maintenance and usage.
3. May perform proof operator functions:a. Complete required data entry, reject correction and balancing of all bank transactions.
b. Process paper and same day settlement items through image capture.
c. Perform end of day branch verification process.
d. Prepares daily reports as assigned.
4. Sorts, processes, and delivers outgoing mail to the post office by established deadlines.
5. Assists in greeting visitors, identifies needs and directs them to the appropriate area.
6. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
MAJOR DUTIES – NON ESSENTIAL
1. May perform a variety of customer services or clerical projects as assigned by supervisor.
1. Balancing within established standards.
2. Positive customer relations.
3. General knowledge of bank products and services.
4. Efficient use of teller, branch capture, postage machines and software.
5. Satisfactory production in support of bank sales promotions through customer referrals and product
6. Timely and accurate completion of work.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of all teller software.
NATURE AND SCOPE: Work is performed under close supervision and within established policies and procedures. Incumbent must be able to recognize irregular or suspicious transactions to make appropriate
referral to prevent loss.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: None
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS – INTERNAL: Works closely with other tellers. Has contact with employees across the organization in making referrals. Provide assistance in directing lobby visitors as needed.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS – EXTERNAL: Serve as a primary contact to customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: High school diploma. One year experience in cash handling, customer service, teller or financial services experience required.
Typewriter 10-Key Calculator Coin/Currency Counting Machines
Postage Machine Computer Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner
Telephone Branch Capture Machine
Hearing/Visual/Physical Requirements: Must be able to receive customer request and assignments through verbal and written communication. Vision is required to verify paying and receiving transactions.
Physical strength is required to lift mailing cartons or bags of coin, up to 55 pounds.
Skills: Must be competent in the use of a ten-key calculator, typewriter/computer keyboard, on-line teller terminal, and deal tactfully with customers, communicate effectively with co-workers and initiative seek
additional assignments during slack periods.
Confidentiality: Handles routine confidential customer information.
Sociological: Must work well under stress, adapt to change and initiative to seek additional assignments during slack periods.